COVID-19 Guidance for UITM Students.
Constantly changing epidemiological situation impose new challenges on our University. However, in the face of new restrictions UITM continues to work without major disruptions.
With the swift implementation of the national vaccination program against Covid-19, we are able to provide traditional mode of teaching in October 2021.
The restrictions, including the limitations concerning the entry of foreigners into Poland and quarantine, still apply at the external border of the EU, however students are exempt from quarantine after crossing the Polish border. More information of government website.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
In the next academic year 2021/2022 we will be most probably offering you hybrid model of learning, with mixture of face-to-face and online teaching. Thanks to that solution we will provide you excellent student experience, respecting hygiene regime and social distancing at the same time.
We have been using very modern Blackboard Platform for online teaching for many years. Our students can reach various learning materials using notebooks or smartphones. You will be able to participate in online classes conducted by professors. Moreover, you can work on projects and interact with other students using advanced collaboration tools for text, voice and video communication.
We use CISCO Webex to conduct online classes. Even if some student is not able to take part in the lecture, they may open it later, thanks to the fact is was recorded.
ACCESS TO UNIVERSITY SERVICES AND BUILDINGS
Campus in Rzeszow and Kielnarowa is open in limited capacity with safety measures such as mask wearing, frequent use of sanitizers and social distancing.
- Dean’s Office- All members of the staff are back in the office working full time, however if your problem does not require your presence in the office we recommend you to solve it by e-mail of phone. The Dean’s Office (RA41) is open for students on the following days:
- Lecture rooms– Students are required to wear masks in the classrooms. Increased cleaning regimes are be in place, you will be required to use sanitizer before you enter the classroom.
- Library– Open. Restrictions apply.
- Read & Relax Room– Open. Restrictions apply
- IQ Club– Open. Restrictions apply.
- Lunch Bar– Open- Opening hours 9.00 till 14.00
- “Taberna pod sosnami”in Kielnarowa– Open. Restrictions apply
- Mini shop on the Campus in Kielnarowa-opening hours 9.00 till 13.00
- Vendor machines– In use. (Apart from snacks and beverages you can also buy a face mask)
Stay home if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms!
We all have different levels of concern around Covid-19, but whatever your feelings are, we strongly encourage you to adopt these measures to keep everyone at UITM safe.
- Face covering policy- Students, staff, visitors, members of the public will be required to wear masks across all university buildings.
- Mask use-is required within the classroom.
- Social distancing- You need to remain the recommended distance apart from others, wherever possible. Safe distance – 1.5 meters. Avoid gatherings in the large groups, we are discouraging you from congregating outside the classroom before and after class.
- Use of hand sanitizer- There are sanitizers located in many places on the campus but please make sure that you also wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Use of communal areas-We are changing the way we use food and beverage outlets and toilets to ensure maximum safety for the users.
Your health and wellbeing is very important to us, and we are continuing to provide all student support services. Student support services will remain available online, as well as in the stationary format.
International Student Support Office – here you can ask for help in various circumstances (e.g. problems with adaptation, legalization, health, insurance, nostrification process, usage of our website platforms).
International Student Support Office (RA107) is open on the following days:
Our consultants Ms. Alicja Bezruka and Mr. Dmytro Shcherbak will help to protect your rights, talk with you if you are feeling stressed, sad or in need of the advice.
You can contact them by e-mail:
Academic Center for Personal Development and Psychotherapy- where students can come and talk about their problems.Do you need a mental support? Make an appointment.
Write an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: +48 607 625 636.
Covid-19 has brought up some restrictions regarding student accommodation in Rzeszow, but please be reassured they are all safe to move into. At a student’s request, the University’s International Office may offer you help in finding accommodation either in a dormitory or in a private rental market.
Send your inquiry about the accommodation to: email@example.com
The dormitories have kept their normal functioning with just a few new regulations. The safety measures that have been introduced are the following:
- social distancing.
- the dormitories are disinfected regularly and sanitizer dispensers have been placed at the entrances.
- everyone must wear masks accordingly, whether in the manager’s office or in the elevator.
We did not record significant changes in this sector. There are still plenty of private rental options, depending on your budget; you could rent a room in an apartment or a house.
LIFE IN THE CITY OF RZESZOW
The City of Rzeszow has been working hard to keep the community safe during the pandemic. Our city is still student friendly, filled with opportunities and made for providing you the best academic memories.
Public transport operates without any disruptions, however you will be required to wear mask on entrance and during your journey on the bus.
All leisure facilities are open: fitness centres, cinemas, swimming pools, shopping centres and local government buildings. Hospitals and health centres are also operating as usual, however you will be required to keep a social distance (1.5 meters) and cover your face while you are inside. Thanks to the restrictions, use of all these facilities are continuously possible.
All small shops as well as shopping centres in Rzeszów are open. You must cover your face at all times while in the shops.
If you have any questions, please contact by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to see you in UITM!