Senior officers of the University are meeting regularly to assess national and international development and actions that need to be taken in relation to COVID-19.
Our primary concern remains the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff.
In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are continuing to respond to the changing public health situation through appropriate changes to our courses, services and facilities.
Subject to any changes in government advice, we will be offering a blend of on-campus learning and on-line learning to ensure you have a consistent and high-quality experience.
Once you complete our online application process and receive student visa, we are strongly encouraging you to immediately start preparation to travel to Poland. However, we do accept that some students may be unable to travel to Poland in October, due to international travel restrictions or visa delays. We are committed to ensuring that you are not excluded or disadvantaged for this reason.
Recruitment for 2020/2021 Academic Year ends on 31st of October 2020
To apply please use this link:
TEACHING AND LEARNING
In the winter semester of 2020/2021 academic year we will be offering you hybrid model of learning to provide excellent student experience, respecting hygiene regime and social distancing at the same time. You will receive a mix of face-to-face teaching and online teaching. We are monitoring situation very closely and once the government guidance allows us, some restrictions will be lifted.
We have been using very modern Blackboard Platform for online teaching for many years. Our students can reach various learning materials using notebooks or smartphones. You will be able to participate in online classes conducted by professors, work on projects and interact with other students using advanced collaboration tools for text, voice and video communication.
If your visa process or travel arrangements are delayed, you can start your course online while still in your country and join the group once you arrive.
- Timetable. The timetable is being prepared to ensure that you can move between classes in the safest possible way and to support social distancing.
- l exams and defences in autumn term exams will take place in the on-line mode.
ACCESS to UNIVERSITY SERVICES and BUILDINGS
Campus in Rzeszow and Kielnarowa will be open from September in limited capacity with safety measures such as mask wearing, frequent use of sanitizers and social distancing.
- Dean’s Office. All members of the staff are back in the office working full time, however we recommend to avoid unnecessary visits to the office. Please contact us by e-mail or telephone. If you must come in person, please make an appointment before you arrive.
- Lecture rooms. Students will be required to wear masks in the classrooms. Increased cleaning regimes will be in place, you will be required to use sanitizer before you enter the classroom.
Plastic shields will be installed at the lecturers desks. The lecturer has the right to ask you to leave the class if are not wearing a mask.
- Library – Open. Restrictions apply.
- Read & Relax Room – Open. Restrictions apply.
- IQ Club – Open. Restrictions apply.
- Lunch Bar – It will be open on the 1st of October. Restrictions apply.
Opening hours 9.00 till 13.00
- “Taberna pod sosnami” in Kielnarowa- opening hours 12.00 till 17.00
- Mini shop on the Campus in Kielnarowa- opening hours 9.00 till 13.00
- Vendor machines – Out of use.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms!
We all have different levels of concern around Covid-19, but whatever your feelings are, we strongly encourage you to adopt these measures to keep everyone at UITM safe.
You will be ask to fill in health declaration at the beginning of the academic year.
- Face covering policy. Students, staff, visitors, members of the public will be required to wear masks across all university buildings.
- Mask use is required within the classroom.
- Social distancing. You need to remain the recommended distance apart from others, wherever possible. Safe distance – 1.5 meters. Avoid gatherings in the large groups, we are discouraging you from congregating outside the classroom before and after class.
- Use of hand sanitizer. There are sanitizers located in many places on the campus but please make sure that you also wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Use of communal areas. We are changing the way we use food and beverage outlets and toilets to ensure maximum safety for the users.
Your health and wellbeing is very important to us and we are continuing to provide all student support services. Student support services will remain available online until it is safe to open in person.
Adaptation Clinic – you can ask for help in various circumstances (e.g. problems with housing, legalization, health, problems with our website platform).
Our Adaptation Clinic consultant Ms. Alicja Bezruka will help to protect your rights, talk with you if you are feeling stressed, sad or in need of the advice.
You can contact her by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 has brought up some restrictions regarding student accommodation in Rzeszow, but please be reassured they are all safe to move into. At a student’s request, the University’s International Office may offer you help in finding accommodation either in a dormitory or in a private rental market.
Send your inquiry about the accommodation to: email@example.com
The dormitories have kept their normal functioning with just a few new regulations. The safety measures that have been introduced are the following:
- social distancing.
- the dormitories are disinfected regularly and sanitizer dispensers have been placed at the entrances.
- everyone must wear masks accordingly, whether in the manager’s office or in the elevator.
We did not record significant changes in this sector. There are still plenty of private rental options, depending on your budget; you could rent a room in an apartment or a house.
LIFE IN THE CITY OF RZESZOW
The City of Rzeszow has been working hard to keep the community safe during the pandemic. Our city is still student friendly, filled with opportunities and made for providing you the best academic memories.
Public transport operates without any disruptions, however you will be required to wear mask on entrance and during your journey on the bus. Limitation on number of passengers is also in place.
Most of the leisure facilities are open: fitness centres, restaurants, bars, cinemas, swimming pools, shopping centres and local government buildings. Hospitals and health centres are also operating as usual, however you will be required to keep a social distance (1.5 meters) and cover your face while you are inside. Thanks to the restrictions, use of all these facilities are continuously possible. Owners of the restaurants and bar have adapted very swiftly to the new reality of pandemic times and have moved some event to the outdoor area. There are more sitting places outside the restaurants, live music, outdoor concerts, so you may enjoy music, good food, socializing and spending time with your friends. All member of staff are wearing masks, but once in the restaurant, you will not be required to cover your face.
All small shops as well as shopping centres in Rzeszów are open. You must cover your face at all times while in the shops.
There is a penalty of 115 EURO for not covering your face in places where it is required by the law.
If you have any questions, please contact by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to see you in UITM!