Support for International Students

International Student Support Office (ISSO)

International Student Support Office offers information, advice and additional support for international students.

  • Adaptation Clinic

In case of missing your family and friends, anxiety caused by your new student life or cultural shock, feel free to get in touch with us. We can also schedule a face-to-face meeting. We are here to help!

  • Orientation

Our team is responsible for the introductory workshop about your new host country. The course was designed to provide practical information about Poland (history, culture, law); Rzeszów and UITM.

  • Buddy Program

The first few weeks of being an international student are likely to be overwhelming, that is why we created a network of senior students that will pick you up from the airport, support with all formalities and introduce to lectures and student life.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for on our website you can get in touch with us through email, live chat or in person.

Sylwia K. Mazur (Office room: 143)


tel.: +48 17 866 11 02

Alicja Bezruka (Office room: 107)


tel.: +48 17 866 11 69

Due to the current situation: if you need to open or close the insurance please contact Ms Alicja Bezruka,


How to do Health Insurance?

  1. Prepare the following documents:
  • Passport
  • Student ID Card
  • Confirmation that you are a student from the Dean’s Office
  1. Go to the NFZ which is located on 8 Zamkowa Street, Rzeszów
  2. Pick the ticket from ticket machine.
    (Ubezpieczenia – umowy dobrowolne i obowiązkowe)
  3. Sign the copies of contract with NFZ.
  4. Go to ZUS with collected documents from NFZ and get a number of bank account (12 Józefa Piłsudskiego Street, Rzeszów)
  5. Pay 55,80 złoty in any post office or bank and return back to the NFZ with the bill.
  6. Give the bill to the same worker and sign the rest of the documents.

IMPORTANT: 55,80 złoty should be paid until the 15th day of every month to the given bank account.

How to close the insurance?

Take your contract and passport and visit the NFZ to cancel.

How to get PESEL?

In order to get PESEL, the student needs to have the Resident registration (“Meldunek”).

  1. Take your flat/house contract which is signed by you and the owner and take your passport.
    -What if I live in the dormitory?
    -You will get an application form from the administration of the dormitory for the Meldunek. Fill that application form.
  2. Visit the nearest City Hall of Rzeszów (Urząd Miasta Rzeszowa), (not Voivodeship Office) and inform that you want to have “Meldunek” and “Pesel”.

Who can help me with it?

  • You can ask your friend who speaks Polish or knows how the procedure looks like.
  • You can come to the International Office to Buddy Coordinator and ask for a BUDDY (the person who will help you).

More information about health insurance you can find on the NFZ’s website.

University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow

ul. Sucharskiego 2,
35-225 Rzeszow, Poland

phone: 17 866 11 11
fax: +48 17 866 12 22

All rights reserved, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow © 2008-2020