International Student Support Office (ISSO)
International Student Support Office offers information, advice and additional support for international students.
- Adaptation Clinic
In case of missing your family and friends, anxiety caused by your new student life or cultural shock, feel free to get in touch with us. We can also schedule a face-to-face meeting. We are here to help!
Our team is responsible for the introductory workshop about your new host country. The course was designed to provide practical information about Poland (history, culture, law); Rzeszów and UITM.
- Buddy Program
The first few weeks of being an international student are likely to be overwhelming, that is why we created a network of senior students that will pick you up from the airport, support with all formalities and introduce to lectures and student life.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on our website you can get in touch with us through email, live chat or in person.
Sylwia K. Mazur (Office room: 143)
tel.: +48 17 866 11 02
Alicja Bezruka (Office room: 107)
tel.: +48 17 866 11 69
Due to the current situation: if you need to open or close the insurance please contact Ms Alicja Bezruka, email@example.com
VOLUNTARY (PRIVATE) HEALTH INSURANCE WITH THE NATIONAL HEALTH FUND (NFZ)
How to do Health Insurance?
- Prepare the following documents:
- Student ID Card
- Confirmation that you are a student from the Dean’s Office
- Go to the NFZ which is located on 8 Zamkowa Street, Rzeszów
- Pick the ticket from ticket machine.
(Ubezpieczenia – umowy dobrowolne i obowiązkowe)
- Sign the copies of contract with NFZ.
- Go to ZUS with collected documents from NFZ and get a number of bank account (12 Józefa Piłsudskiego Street, Rzeszów)
- Pay 55,80 złoty in any post office or bank and return back to the NFZ with the bill.
- Give the bill to the same worker and sign the rest of the documents.
IMPORTANT: 55,80 złoty should be paid until the 15th day of every month to the given bank account.
How to close the insurance?
Take your contract and passport and visit the NFZ to cancel.
How to get PESEL?
In order to get PESEL, the student needs to have the Resident registration (“Meldunek”).
- Take your flat/house contract which is signed by you and the owner and take your passport.
-What if I live in the dormitory?
-You will get an application form from the administration of the dormitory for the Meldunek. Fill that application form.
- Visit the nearest City Hall of Rzeszów (Urząd Miasta Rzeszowa), (not Voivodeship Office) and inform that you want to have “Meldunek” and “Pesel”.
Who can help me with it?
- You can ask your friend who speaks Polish or knows how the procedure looks like.
- You can come to the International Office to Buddy Coordinator and ask for a BUDDY (the person who will help you).
More information about health insurance you can find on the NFZ’s website.
Rector’s Representative for Security UITM
Brig. Gen. in reserve Tomasz Bąk, Ph.D., Assoc. Prof.
Sucharskiego 2, room 225
mobile phone: +48 601 885 820
The objective of appointing the Rector’s Representative for Security: enabling an implementation of systemic preventive, educational and organisational measures aimed at ensuring public security and order at the University, in particular:
- counteracting an occurrence of events threatening security of the students and teaching and administrative personnel,
- promoting secure behaviours and methods of avoiding or managing threats,
- supporting victims, in particular by conveying information on the possibilities of obtaining specialist assistance.
The responsibilities of the Rector’s Representative for Security include:
- developing the security policy of the University;
- conducting promotional, informational and educational activities within a scope of ensuring security of the students and teaching and administrative personnel of the University;
- monitoring a situation in terms of security and a sense of security of the students and teaching and administrative personnel, and responding to threats to security reported by them;
- preparing proposals and applications for the Rector concerning solving problems arising in connection with an occurrence of threats or breaches of security committed by the students and employees of the University;
- giving substantive assistance to persons affected by a security incident or information on a possibility of obtaining assistance in a quick and effective manner.
Rector’s Representative for Security carries out responsibilities, in particular by:
- applying to the competent bodies of the University with requests to initiate explanatory (disciplinary) proceedings against persons who have committed an act that threatens security of the students and employees;
- developing and improving internal procedures for reacting to any threats or breaches to security of the University, students and employees;
- developing procedures for responding to cases of a thread occurrence or a breach of sexual freedom of the students and doctoral students (including cases of sexual harassment) and counteracting all forms of sex discrimination;
- organising classes for the students on the practical aspects of caring for their own security in the face of various threats and manners of behaving in the dangerous situations, as well as places (institutions) of obtaining assistance;
- maintaining a web site that includes up-to-date information on aid institutions, educational materials, information on current events related to the activities of the Representative and enabling the students and employees who seek assistance or report security-related issues to establish a contact anonymously;
- carrying out campaigns informing about security-related issues and a scope of operation and responsibilities of the Representative;
- preparing promotional and educational materials and organising events that promote security;
- conducting cyclical studies on a sense of security of the students at the university and university hall of residences;
- cooperating with the managers of organisational units in case of a threat or a breach of security of the students or employees in order to prevent them or to react on an adequate basis;
- providing a cooperation with the Institute for Studies on Terrorism of the UITM in the field area of the security policy of the University;
- establishing and maintaining a cooperation with external entities (services) responsible for ensuring security (including foreign partners);
- establishing and maintaining a cooperation with institutions and organisations that provide assistance to victims of crimes, as well as other entities interested in cooperation within a scope of security.