The demand for specialized medical personnel is increasing year by year. It is related to the deteriorating health of the society, as well as aging and being prone to the so called lifestyle or chronic diseases. Therefore, professional and long-lasting medical care is indispensable.
Nowadays, we can observe a shortage of nurses not only in Poland, but also in the whole European Union. The nursing profession is not only associated with hospitals, but also with other institutions, such as health care centres and social care homes.
By choosing Nursing as your field of study, you will acquire comprehensive medical and medicine-related knowledge, practical skills, as well as social competences which are of great importance when performing this profession. Moreover, you will be updated with the latest technological advances.
You will be trained to participate in the diagnostic and therapeutic processes by acquiring skills that are vital when cooperating with doctors and other members of the medical team.
The study programme was developed in accordance with education standards set out in the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education. The university has been accredited by the Ministry of Health to conduct education in this field.
Sample subjects :
- Fundamentals of Nursing,
- Obstetrics, gynaecology and obstetric-gynaecological nursing
- Paediatrics and paediatric nursing
- Internal Medicine and nursing
- Surgery and surgical nursing
- Fundamentals of rehabilitation
- Nursing care for the disabled
- Geriatrics and geriatric nursing
- Neurology and neurological nursing
- Psychiatry and psychiatric nursing
- Anaesthesiology and emergency nursing
- Palliative care
- Fundamentals of emergency medical service
Our classes are carried out in small groups, what undoubtedly increases the efficiency of the learning process.
Graduates shall be employed in:
- public and private health care centres,
- nursing homes,
- palliative and hospice care centres,
- social care homes,
- health retreat and healing centres,
- rescue units.
Due to the practical profile of studies, we place great emphasis on practical knowledge, skills and social competences.
While studying nursing, you will have 1,100 hours of practical classes and 1,200 hours of student traineeship. Thanks to it, you will have ongoing contact with practitioners in the field of nursing.
We cooperate with, i.a.:
- Public Health Care Centre No. 1 in Rzeszow
- Public Health Care Centre of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration in Rzeszow
- Pro-Familia Specialist Hospital in Rzeszow
- Fryderyk Chopin Regional Clinical Hospital No. 1 in Rzeszow
- St. Jadwiga Królowa Regional Clinical Hospital No. 2 in Rzeszow
- Health Care Centre No. 2 in Rzeszow
- Regional Emergency Station in Rzeszow (Palliative and Hospice Unit),
- Children Hospice Foundation in Rzeszow
- Medical Center in Lancut Sp. o.o.
- Prof. Antoni Kepinski Specialist Psychiatric Health Care Centre in Jaroslaw
In addition, we have our own didactic facilities to teach nursing. They include specialized laboratories which are located in the Centre for International Education in Kielnarowa.
Laboratories at your disposal:
- Nursing Skills Labs,
- Laboratory of Anatomy and Physiology,
- General Biology Laboratory,
- Laboratory of Immunology and Biochemistry,
- Laboratory of Biomechanics and Kinesitherapy,
- Laboratory of Emergency Medical Service.