Institute of Education Analysis
He has worked at UITM since 1998, at first as an assistant lecturer, next as a doctor and then as a professor.
Habilitated doctor of Social Sciences in the field of Pedagogy (University of Szczecin, Faculty of Humanities, 2019), Doctor of Humanities in the field of Sociology (University of Silesia in Katowice, Faculty of Social Sciences, 2004), Master’s degree in Sociology (Rzeszów University, Faculty of Sociology and History, 1998).
His scientific interests are focused on higher education, social psychology and on research devoted to shaping the public opinion. He’s an author of many expert reports and scientific publications.
He worked on ‘The strategy of the development of the higher education: 2010- 2020’ led by the Polish Rectors Foundation. In the period of 2010 -2011, he was a member of the Expert Forum of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Warsaw. He was an expert of the Polish Association of Private Employers in Education of the Lewiatan Confederation. Head of the Independent Institute of Research on Higher Education and the Expert for the Analysis and Dialogue Center in Higher Education operating at the Polish Rectors Foundation. Member of a Team for Higher Education Development Strategy in Poland created by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (2014-2015). Co-author of the Program for the Development of Higher Education and Science for 2015-2030. Expert for a team (SWPS University, Collegium Civitas, UITM) tasked with preparing the design assumptions for the new Law on Higher Education in order to take part in a competition created by Ministry of Science and Higher Education, titled Ustawa 2.0 (2016-2017).
Member of the Interdisciplinary Research Network at the Educational Research Institute (2018). Licensed Trainer-Consultant in the field of applied psychology in business. Alumnus of the Gestalt Therapy Institute of Cracow.
The originator and founder of the Rzeszów Academy of Inspiration – a set of educational programs created in order to support the development of primary, secondary and high school students.
In 2014, he was awarded the Cross of Merit. He is a fan of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breed, Beckett’s prose and Kaleo band music. In his spare time, he enjoys swimming.
MONOGRAPHS AND SCIENTIFIC EDITORS
1. Beyond the barrier of time and space, ed. A. Rozmus, UITM in Rzeszow , Rzeszów 2007,297 pages.
2. Higher education in Poland. System – law – organization, ed. S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, ed. UITM in Rzeszow , Rzeszów 2008, 458 pages.
3. What is the reform of higher education?, ed. S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, Tishner European University, Kraków UITM in Rzeszów, University of Management and Administration in Zamość, Rzeszów 2009, 137 pages.
4. What the reform of higher education is going to look like?, ed. S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, Tishner European University,Kraków UITM in Rzeszów, University of Management and Administration in Zamość, Rzeszów 2009, 137 pages.
5. The Perfect Lecturer. An academic teacher’s handbook, edited by A. Rozmus, Wolters Kluwer Polska, Warsaw 2010, 220 pages .
6. Between integration and exclusion. Selected problems of academic education of the disabled, ed. M.Struck-Peregończyk, A. Rozmus, Academic Consortium. Tishner European University, Kraków, UITM in Rzeszów and University of Management and Administration in Zamość, Rzeszów 2011, 172 pages.
7. The youth about the problems of higher education in Poland. Universities 2.0, ed. A. Rozmus, Tishner European University, Kraków , UITM in Rzeszów and University of Management and Administration in Zamość 2011, 206 pages.
8. The Academic career in Poland. Legal, social and economic conditions, ed. S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, Wolters Kluwer Polska publishing- LEX, Warsaw 2012, 296 pages
9. The Perfect Lecturer. An academic teacher’s handbook, 2nd edition, ed. A. Rozmus, Wolters Kluwer Polska, Warsaw 2013, 270 pages.
10. Total present. Speculations about the present days, ed. A. Rozmus, University of Warsaw and UITM Rzeszów, Warsaw-Rzeszów 2015,297 pages.
11. Higher education in Poland. System – law – organization. 4th edition. Legal status as of October 1, 2016, ed. S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, ed. Wolters Kluwer SA Publishing House, Warsaw 2016, 722 pages .
12. Alternatives in education, ed. B. Śliwerski, A. Rozmus, ed. IMPULS Publishing House, Krakow 2018, 320 pages.
13. Academic education in a critical perspective. Students towards the neoliberal policy of education at universities, Andrzej Rozmus, IMPULS Publishing House, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów, Kraków – Rzeszów 2018, pages: 316.
1. Rozmus A., Is the manager a successful person? – a study on the use of sociological and psychological knowledge in building the image of a modern manager [in:] The foundation of professional competences. Social sciences in the education of managers, edited by J.Chłopecki, Zeszyty Naukowe UITM 4/1999
2. Rozmus A., Tworzydło D., Socio-economic conditions of marketing research, [in:] The basics of professional competence. Social sciences in the education of managers, edited by J. Chłopecki, Zeszyty Naukowe WSIiZ4 / 1999
3. Rozmus A., Factors of shaping the image of an organization – activities focussing on creating the image of a higher school [in:] Dilemmas of an effective management of an enterprise, edited by D. Tworzydło, Zeszyty Naukowe UIiZ 4/2000
4. Rozmus A., Tworzydło D., Public relations in non-state higher education [in:] Public relations in shaping the competitive position of an organization, edited by S. Ślusarczyk, J. Świda, D.Tworzydło, vol. II, Rzeszów 2001, pp. 97-104
5. Rozmus A., Pomianek T., Polish higher education – the remedy for the problems of the job market or a craddle for the unemployment? [in:] Knowledge and qualifications in the period of changes. The intellectual job market in peripheral regions in the era of globalization, ed. R. Fedyna, Studies on the economy 1/2002, Rzeszów 2002, pp. 113-134.
6. Pomianek T., Rozmus A., The youth of today-an opportunity or a problem? – Dilemmas of the Polish labor market and Polish higher education against the background of European Union.
7. Rozmus A. Motives of choice and expectations towards complementary Master’s studies – based on research on UITM students in Rzeszów, [in:] Dilemmas of two-cycle studies, edited by J. Dietl, Z. Sapijaszki, Łódź 2005
8. Rozmus A., The image of a non-state university – an empirical study on the perception and assessment of the non-public sector of educational services in Poland, [in:] University, society, economy, edited by J.Chłopecki, Rzeszów 2006, pp. 147-172
9. Rozmus A., Education confronted with social change: from Condorcet to Drucker – a selective review of the way of defining the role of knowledge and education in the concepts of the classics, [in:] Beyond the barrier of time and space. Jubilee book for Jerzy Chłopecki, edited by A. Rozmus, Rzeszów 2007, 181-198
10. Rozmus A., Świda J., Distance-learning courses – the future of education or the end of the university ?, [in:] Education without borders – despite barriers, edited by T. Smal and A. Zduniak, University of Security in Poznań, Poznań 2008, pp. 433-439.
11. Rozmus A, Ordon A., Legal and social conditions for the establishment and liquidation of universities in Poland, [in:] Higher education in Poland. System – law – organization, edited by S. Waltoś, A. Rozmus, published by the Wyższa Szkoła Informatyki i Zarządzania with its seat in Rzeszów, Rzeszów 2008, pp. 49-74.
12. Rozmus A., Świda J., Opinion on the use of the multimedia educational package in terms of increasing the effectiveness of the didactic process, [in:] Education without borders – beyond barriers. The Space of Creation, edited by T. Smal and A. Zduniak, University of Safety, Poznań 2008, pp. 440-450
13. Rozmus A., Świda J., The quality of educational services as a factor differentiating the didactic offer of universities [in:] The quality of services in the Market economy, University of Economics, Krakow 2008
14. Rozmus A., The university as a space for action. Examples of civic activity of students from the USA and Great Britain [in:] The role a University in the development of civil society, edited by J. Dietl, Z. Sapijaszka, ed. FEP, Łódź 2009, pp. 285-293
15. Rozmus A., Pomianek T., Is Polish higher education ready for changes? Science and higher education, eds. Maciołek R., Maik W., Sikora K., Bydgoszcz 2009, pp. 127 – 146
16. Rozmus A., Distance learning courses as a new form of didactic transfer of higher education institutions – experiences, limitations and perspectives, [in:] Improving educational services in higher education institutions in the process of integration with the European Union, edited by J. Mączyński, A. Pawlak-Wolanin, W. Demecki, ed. University of Management in Legnica, Legnica 2009, pp. 233-243
17. Rozmus A., Necessity of the reform of higher education from the perspective of a non-public university researcher, [in:] What is the reform of higher education ?, edited by S. Waltoś and A. Rozmus, ed. Academic Consortium, Tischner European University in Krakow, UITM in Rzeszów, University of Management and Administration in Zamość, Rzeszów 2009, pp. 41-56
18. Rozmus A., Świda J., The identity of the contemporary university – between academic and business culture, [in:] Creating the school identity, ed. K. Chałas, B. Komorowska, publ. KUL, Lublin 2009, pp. 587-595
19. Rozmus A., Świda J., National Qualification Structures as a Tool for Improving the Quality of Educational Services, [in:] Educational threats and challenges of the young generation, edited by A. Czajkowska, W. Otwinowski, Publishing House of the Security School, Bydgoszcz 2009, pp. 357-365
20. Rozmus A., Pado K., Financing of higher education in Poland – selected dilemmas and suggested solutions, „Financial Internet Quarterly e-Finanse” 2/2009
21. Rozmus A., Kurek O.,Opportunities and obstacles of Polish science and education, Scientific Papers of the Department of European Studies, 2 (10) 2009, Rzeszów 2009, pp. 164-177
22. Rozmus A, Cyran K., Financing the research and development activities in Poland and in other countries – diagnosis and evaluation attempt, Financial Internet Quarterly, 4/2009
23. Rozmus A., Private sources of financing education on universities – selected economic and social dilemmas, ” Financial Internet Quarterly”, vol. 6, No. 4/2010
24. Rozmus A., Cyran K., The role of knowledge in contemporary societies [in:] The labor market in Poland and other European Union countries, edited by T. Pomianek, „Studies on the economy”, No. 1/2010 (13), ed. Institute of Economy UITM Rzeszów 2010, pp. 89-133. 24.
25. ., Rozmus A., Private sources of funding for university education – selected economic and social dilemmas, ” Financial Internet Quarterly „, vol. 6, No. 4/2010
26. Rozmus A., Problems of shaping the image – an interdisciplinary approach, [in:] Public relations in the process of educating relations with the environment, edited by D. Tworzydło, Z. Chmielewski, WSE Publishing House in Kraków, WSIiZ in Rzeszów, WSZiA in Zamość, Rzeszów 2010, pp. 299-312
27. Rozmus A., Poland in the European area of lifelong learning – diagnosis and barriers to development, [in:] Continuous education as a challenge for the information society, edited by M. Gawrońska-Garstka and A. Zduniak, Ed. WSB University, Poznań 2010, pp. 95-103
28. Rozmus A., Individual style of conducting classes, [in:] Excellent lecturer. An academic teacher’s handbook, edited by A. Rozmus, Wolters Kluwer Polska, Warsaw 2010, pp. 87-116
29. Rozmus A., Pomianek T., Modernization of the benefits of higher education and science in Poland [in:] Controversial strategies for the development of science and higher education, edited by H. Samsonowicz, J. Sławiński, L. Szczucki, W. Tygielski, M Ziółkowski, Foundation for Polish Science, Warsaw 2010, pp. 58-79
30. Rozmus A,, Pomianek T., In Quest for the Right Way. Polish Scienceand Higher Education. Against International Background, [w:] Poland– Serbia. The Challenges of the Scientific Cooperation, red. Z.Paszek, wyd. Krakowskie Towarzystwo Edukacyjne sp. z o.o., Kraków 2010
31. Rozmus A., The university as a platform for social integration, [in:] Between integration and exclusion. Selected problems of academic education of disabled people, under ed. M. Struck-Peregończyk, A. Rozmus, ed. Academic Consortium. WSE Publishing House in Kraków, UITM in Rzeszów and WSZiA in Zamość, Rzeszów 2011, pp. 13-32.
32. Rozmus A., What the higher education is able to do in Poland?, [in:] Youth about the problems of higher education in Poland. Universities 2.0, edited by A. Rozmus, Wydawnictwo WSE in Kraków, UITM in Rzeszów and WSZiA in Zamość, Rzeszów 2011, pp. 15-42
33. Rozmus A., Cyran K., The role of knowledge in contemporary societies [in:] The job market in Poland and other European Union countries, edited by T. Pomianek, ed. X, extended and updated, ed. WSIiZ, Rzeszów 2011, pp. 70-106.
34. Rozmus A., Contemporary university: between elitism and market pragmatism, [in:] Directions of education development in the evolution of social space, pp. red. A. Cudowska, Wyd. TransHumana, Białystok 2011, pp. 477-484
35. Rozmus A., Cyran K., Kurek O., Struck-Peregończyk M., Academic career paths of university employees – solutions of selected partner universities, [in:] Academic career in Poland. Legal, social and economic conditions, edited by S. Waltoś and A. Rozmus, Wyd. Wolters Kluwer Polska – LEX, Warsaw 2012, pp. 273-295
36. Rozmus A. Selected measures of the potential of Polish science – through the prism of an academic career, [in:] Academic career in Poland. Legal, social and economic conditions, edited by S. Waltoś and A. Rosmus, Wyd. Wolters Kluwer Polska – LEX, Warsaw 2012, pp. 207-232
37. Rozmus A., Cyran K., Economic conditions of government expenditure on education in higher education system, Financial Internet Quarterly “e-Finanse” 2012, vol. 8, nr
38. Rozmus A., Journalists as leaders of public opinion on higher education, [in:] Contemporary media culture: content, concepts, perspectives. Ukrainian-Polish experiences, edited by J. Łoś, Wyd. University of Ivana Franka in Lviv, Lviv-Rzeszów, 2012, p. 70
39. Rozmus A., Cyran K., Diversification of university income – polish practice and international solutions, Financial Internet Quarterly “e-Finanse” 2012, vol. 8, nr 4
40. Rozmus A., Cyran K., Kurek-Ochmańska O., Maj-Solarz D., Struck-Peregończyk, Between autonomy and bureaucratic requirements. The practice of the so-called qualifications framework in selected European universities. Selected Aspects, Educational Studies, 2015, no. 37: 135-152
41. Rozmus A., Kurek-Ochmańska O., The dynamics of higher education in the transformation period, [in:] Higher education, university, academic education in the face of the necessary change: expertise of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw 2015: 41-59
42. Rozmus A., Exploration of the hidden curriculum of university education – methodological speculations, [in:] Education in pedagogical research. Problems – Concepts – Solutions, edited by H. Hetmańczyk, E. Kawiak and M. Musioła, Adam Marszałek Publishing House, Toruń 2017, pp. 90-106
43. Rozmus A., Creating alternatives in education – ideas, conditions, faces, [in:] Alternatives in education, edited by B. Śliwerski and A. Rozmus, IMPULS, Kraków 2018, pp. 291-313
44. Rozmus A., Kurek-Ochmańska O., Version 2.0 of the individual style of conducting classes by an academic teacher in the context of contemporary changes and trends in education, 2018, e-mentor, nr 2(74), s. 4-9.
POPULAR SCIENCE ARTICLES (SELECTED)
Pomianek T., Rozmus A., Higher education institutions: It’s time to change the proposal, Rzeczpospolita, 17 July 2002
Rozmus A., Competition in the sector of educational services, Nowe Życie Gospodarcze, No. 3/2005
Rozmus A., Young people need to feel appreciated, Nowiny, 10.12.2007 (interview)
Rozmus A., It is important to change the way of funding the education, Nowiny, 13.02.2008
Rozmus A., The space for fair competition between universities needs to be created, Gazeta Wyborcza – Rzeszów, 16.11.2009
Rozmus A., While seeking the Lost Time, Home & Market, No. 4/2010
Rozmus A., Pomianek T., The lack of competition mechanisms damages Polish universities and isolates them from the economic environment, Polish Market No. 3 (176) 2011
Rozmus A., UITM concours China and Malaysia, Gazeta Wyborcza – Rzeszów, December 12, 2014 (interview)
Rozmus A., We are gaining millions for a better start for graduates, Gazeta Wyborcza – Rzeszów, on March 5, 2016 (interview)
Rozmus A., How to promote a university from a small town?, Business Insider Polska, 15/09/2016 (interview)
Ph.D., Assoc. Prof.
Rector of UITM
Rector’s Office: room RA201
On the appointment
Head of Rector’s Office – Agnieszka Sieczek
tel.: 017/ 17 866 11 65
On the appointment
Head of Rector’s Office – Agnieszka Sieczek
tel.: 017/ 17 866 11 65