The UITM houses state-of-the-art laboratories dedicated to education and scientific research. The innovative facilities enable us to combine theory with practice, which is of great importance when it comes to the contemporary job market and links between science and business. The laboratories can be used by the UITM faculty when doing research and students.
The Laboratory of Tissue and Cell Culture is meant for a broad spectrum of research using mammal cells grown in vitro, both normal and such as come from various pathological tissues. The laboratory has BSL2 status as defined in the criteria of the EU and WHO, i.e. it must ensure sterile working conditions to protect both the researcher and the biological material. Only researchers with suitable training are authorised to work in the Laboratory of Tissue and Cell Culture.
POSSIBILITIES FOR RESEARCHERS
Cell cultures are currently one of the most important techniques commonly used in biomedical research. The Laboratory of Tissue and Cell Culture allows for a broad spectrum of research on processes occurring both in healthy cells and tissues and in pathological conditions. The research potential of the Laboratory of Tissue and Cell Culture includes among others:
- examination of physiological and pathological processes occurring in skin cells (fibroblasts, keratinocytes);
- evaluation of the impact of natural or synthetic substances on skin cells, including analysis of: cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptosis, metabolic activity, intracellular oxidative stress, cytokine and growth factor secretion, migration possibilities, expression and activity of proteolytic enzymes;
- evaluation of anticancer activity of natural or synthetic substances against e.g. colorectal, prostate, breast, skin, tongue, lung and brain cancer cells.
The Tissue and Cell Culture Laboratory is equipped with:
- HF Safe-1200 laminar flow cabinet,
- Heracell 150i incubator with CO2 dosage,
- Biovac+ aspiration system,
- TC10 automatic cell counter,
- Nikon Eclipse TS100 inverted microscope with an Invenio 5SII camera,
- Heraeus Megafuge centrifuge,
- Water bath,
- Medical Prestige 12L benchtop autoclave,
- -20°C and -80°C freezers,
- LS750 cryogenic cell storage machine.
In the Laboratory of Immunology and Biochemistry, researchers can conduct biochemical and immunoenzymatic analyses of samples obtained as a result of experiments conducted on cell lines, or samples from patients.
POSSIBILITIES FOR RESEARCHERS
The Laboratory of Immunology and Biochemistry offers possibilities to conduct research based e.g. on the following techniques:
- SDS-PAGE electrophoresis,
- Western blot,
- comet assay electrophoresis.
- FilterMax F5 multimode microplate reader (Molecular Devices),
- Automated microplate washer,
- Heraeus Pico centrifuge,
- Prestige Medical 12L benchtop autoclave,
- Milli-Q Integral water cleaning system,
- Analytical balance,
- Magnetic stirrers,
- Ice flaker,
- Cooling-heating thermomixer,
- SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and Western blot (Bio-Rad) set,
- Comet assay electrophoresis set
The Laboratory of Biochemistry, Toxicology and Medical Genetics is meant for a broad spectrum of biochemical analyses of biological material from patients (blood, serum, urine), plant extracts, food samples, and samples obtained as a result of experiments using cell cultures.
POSSIBILITIES FOR RESEARCHERS
In the laboratory, researchers can prepare plant extracts, perform their biochemical analysis, examine the antioxidant properties of the extracts or examine body fluids.
The laboratory is equipped with the following devices:
• Analytical balance,
• Magnetic stirrer,
• Laminar flow fume hood,
• Driers with forced air circulation,
• Water bath, shaker,
• Protein electrophoresis and electrotransfer set,
• Prestige Medical Classic 12L autoclave,
• Reverse-osmosis water treatment system.
The Laboratory of Molecular Biology is equipped with high-quality devices which allow students to gain knowledge and skills in molecular biology technology. The Laboratory also allows researchers to conduct innovative studies in molecular biology.
POSSIBILITIES FOR RESEARCHERS
The high-quality equipment available in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology creates very good conditions for research. Researchers have the possibility to isolate DNA material, examine it, as well as study the expression of selected genes, their mutations and polymorphisms. Within research cooperation, the Laboratory of Molecular Biology collaborates with other research units and institutions, e.g. with the National Medical University in Lviv, and is part of the Medical Research Consortium of Eastern Poland.
- Thermocycler C1000 Touch,
- Real–time PCR meter,
- Gel Doc EZ System with IMAGE LAB TM software,
- Wide Mini-Sub Cell GT electrophoresis set,
- TDB-100 dry block thermostat,
- UView Mini Transilluminator,
- NanoDrop Lite spectrophotometer.
The Laboratory of Cosmetic Chemistry was established with the aim of conducting classes with students of Cosmetology and Public Health, as well as conducting research by the employees of the University of IT and Management in Rzeszów. Development of the equipment base allowed to broaden the Laboratory’s scope to include a business offer.
POSSIBILITIES FOR RESEARCHERS
The Laboratory offers equipment which allows synthesis of chemical compounds, obtaining of biologically active substances from plant materials, as well as identification and assay of selected substances. The Laboratory’s equipment also allows to obtain innovative cosmetics, specify the possible applications of the obtained substances and raw materials in cosmetic products, and perform a comprehensive quality analysis of the obtained products.
- A stand for chemical compound synthesis,
- Stands for classical method quantification,
- Stands for the formulation and obtaining of cosmetics (emulsions, gels, washing cosmetics, solutions, solid forms), with water baths, mechanical and magnetic stirrers, and scales,
- A stand for sample homogenisation (IKA T18 Basic homogeniser),
- A stand for the measurement of pH, conduction and density of samples (pycnometers, pH-meter and CPS 411 Elmetron conductivity meter),
- A stand for Ross-Miles foam properties examination,
- A stand for cosmetic viscosity and rheological properties measurement (FungiLab Expert rotational viscometer),
- A stand for stability tests: thermal load test (laboratory incubator and refrigerator), mechanical load test (MPW 260R centrifuge), pendulum test,
- A stand for assaying the irritation potential of washing cosmetics by measuring the zein number (Wagner-Parnas device for assaying protein content),
- A stand for assaying the impact of cosmetics on skin condition (Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH sebumeter and corneometer),
- A stand for spectroscopic examination (Aqua-Mate Thermo Scientific spectrophotometer),
- A stand for examining the release of the active substance from a semi-solid form (a device for releasing medicine from semi-solid consistency – DC 600 model; Copley Scientific Ltd.),
- A stand for assaying foam-forming properties with the modified Ross-Miles method (Ross-Miles apparatus),
- A stand for obtaining plant extracts with the periodic and the continuous method (Chemland OS20-PRO mechanical stirrer, Soxhlet extractor),
- A stand for obtaining essential oils through steam distillation (Deryng’s apparatus).
The Laboratory of Cosmetic Chemistry also has a rotary evaporator, a UV transilluminator, an oil pump, and a nitrogen cylinder.
The Laboratory of Automatics and Robotics is equipped with several robotic solutions which can be used for research in fields like control theory, artificial intelligence etc. The laboratory is also equipped with five PLC Beckhoff controllers which allow to develop, implement and test software for automation systems.
- Bioloid Premium Robot Kit,
- Manoi PF01,
- Scorbot 4u,
- AL5A KT Robotic Arm Kit,
- Universal Robot UR-6,
- RP6 Robot System,
- Surveyor SRV-1,
- Hexor II,
- E-Puck education robot,
- Khepera III,
- MobileRobots AmigoBot,
- 3 x Beckhoff CX9000 with input and output modules,
- Beckhoff CX1100 with input and output modules,
- Beckhoff CP6000 with input and output modules.
- Foundation of Automation and Robotics,
- Application of IT in Automation and Robotics.
- Control theory,
- Artificial intelligence,
- Motivated learning.
This comprehensive laboratory is equipped to perform didactic experiments in three areas: physics, optoelectronics and telecommunication metrology. The main aim of this lab is to support the teaching process of graduate and post-graduate studies of Information Technology.
- FUJIKURA fusion splicer FSM18S with a tool kit,
- FLUKE DTX-1200 Cable Analyzer with an OTDR module,
- other tools needed to implement optical and UTP LAN cabling,
- digital and analog oscilloscopes,
- function generators,
- logic analyzers,
- microprocessor systems DSM-51,
- Siemens controllers SIMATIC CPU221,
- optical table with equipment,
- optical spectrometer,
- multifunctional interface for computerized measurement and control,
- oscilloscopes, function generators and power supplies,
- digital and analog multimeters, laboratory balances, micrometers.
- telecommunication metrology,
- fiber optics and distribution systems,
- UTP cable systems and standards,
- basic and advanced measurements,
- characteristics of electronic circuits,
- analysis of optoelectronic devices,
- microprocessor programming,
- process implementation using programmable controllers,
- basic physical experiments in dynamics, mechanics, optics, electricity and electronics, thermodynamics and others.
The laboratory is equipped with high-end workstations with versatile graphical software installed, as well as with various devices, such as a 3D scanner, a 3D printer or a virtual cave. It can be used to create advanced graphical projects, starting from webdesign, through photography and visualization, to special effects and rapid prototyping. Moreover, the laboratory can be used to conduct research on virtual reality and its influence on the human psyche.
- 10 workstations equipped with high-end graphical software,
- 8 terminals that allow users to log into the graphical server containing the same graphical software,
- A virtual cave for research on virtual reality,
- A photographic studio equipped with light rig and backgrounds,
- A 3D printer for rapid prototyping,
- A 3D scanner for space scanning and creating virtual models of interiors and buildings,
- A motion capture system for movement acquisition and transfer into virtual characters,
- A 3D projector.
- Introduction to computer graphics,
- graphical design workshop,
- geometry modelling,
- virtual reality systems,
- raster and vector graphics,
- 3D graphics,
- animation and video,
- digital photography and video workshop,
- digital photography editing.
- research on the possible uses of the virtual reality,
- research on third dimension aspect in image,
- research on distributed graphical computing,
- research on the possible uses of the motion capture technique.
The goal of the Software Engineering Laboratory is to study the software engineering discipline as well as areas that impact the way software is developed, maintained and managed. That professional laboratory allows to develop competencies within knowledge and skills concerning developing business plans for the construction of computer software, performance requirements specification, software design in accordance with the agreed methodology (structured or object-oriented), the use of design patterns, working together with other designers/developers, developing and maintaining standards of a software design team, knowing how to use assistive software development, designing and performing inspection of requirement specification, of the source code, as well as developing and testing codes, managing software configuration, and preparing project documentation.
- Enterprise Architect (Floating License) software,
- Omondo Eclipse UML 2.2 software,
- Poseidon for UML software,
- Visual Paradigm.
- Software engineering,
- System engineering,
- Programming languages and methodologies,
- Methods and optimization techniques,
- Refactoring, design and testing,
- Technologies for building user programs.
- collaborating with the software engineering industry in technological transfer of knowledge,
- adapting it to various industrial contexts,
- assessing the effect of new technologies, tools, and techniques on the software process,
- supporting research in measuring and evaluating the software development process,
- designing decision support systems based on computational intelligence.
It is a high-tech laboratory equipped with Apple computers and the newest versions of software for photo editing, vector graphics creation, composition and other 2D graphics activities. The studio is also equipped with professional software for 3D graphics creation. With regard to its ergonomics, the hardware available in the laboratory is very comfortable and enhances the workflow, thanks to which students have a chance to study on professional equipment used by graphic companies all around the world.
- 15 up-to-date Apple iMAC computers with graphical software for two-dimensional raster and vector graphics, animation and three-dimensional graphics;
- 15 professional medium-sized graphic tablets;
- 2 portable graphics stations with 4 core processors and professional graphic cards to support the work of computer graphics applications.
- Introduction to computer graphics;
- Raster and vector graphics;
- Graphic design;
- Animation and video;
- Movement in animation;
- Three dimensional graphics;
- 3D sculpting.
- Supporting the research conducted in the Laboratory of Virtual Reality and Image Processing.
The main laboratory interest are the properties of sound, measurement of audio systems, room acoustics, digital sound and signal processing. The laboratory is equipped with measurement tools, an evaluation board with digital signal processors as well as room acoustics prediction software and digital signal processing tools.
- Digital and analog oscilloscopes, with software for remote work,
- Signal generators (with direct digital synthesis), with frequency sweep and modulation (AM,FM),
- Computer Measurement System (ATS-2),
- Audio equipment (amplifiers, a mixer, speakers, microphones),
- Evaluation board with digital signal processors and hardware codecs,
- Room acoustics prediction software (CATT Acoustic, Cara),
- Digital signal processing software,
- Speech recognition software,
- Language modeling tool.
- Acoustics and sound processing,
- Computer measurement systems,
- Speech recognition and synthesis,
- Digital signal processing.
- Speech recognition,
- Language modeling.
In the laboratory, specialist classes are conducted in the field of wired and wireless computer networks for full-time, part-time, post-graduate studies, courses and trainings. Within the subjects taught in this laboratory, students become familiar with a wide spectrum of state-of-the-art technologies used in modern data communication networks. Apart from knowledge on the latest network technologies, students gain knowledge and practical skills in design, administration and management of computer networks and also network security.
- Cisco 5508 Wireless Controllers deliver reliable performance, enhanced flexibility, and zero service-loss for mission-critical wireless. 802.11n offers up to nine times the performance of 802.11a/g networks. Interactive multimedia applications, such as voice and video, can now perform flawlessly over the wireless network, and clients can conveniently roam with no service interruption. Flexible licensing allows you to easily add access point support or premium software features,
- The Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine is an appliance-based platform for delivering mobility services in a centralized and scalable fashion across wired and wireless networks. The Mobility Services Engine supports an open API for easy integration with enterprise and mobile applications, as well as the development of industry-relevant services,
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers are responsible for system-wide wireless LAN functions, such as security policies, intrusion prevention, RF management, quality of service (QoS), and mobility. They work in conjunction with Cisco Access Points and the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) to support business-critical wireless applications. From voice and data services to location tracking, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers provide the control, scalability, security, and reliability that network managers need to build secure, enterprise-scale wireless networks – from branch offices to main campuses,
- The Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (ISR) delivers highly secure data, voice, video, and application services for small offices. Security – Embedded hardware-accelerated VPN encryption – Secure collaborative communications with Group Encrypted Transport VPN, Dynamic Multipoint VPN, or Enhanced Easy VPN – Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone -Based Firewall, Cisco IOS IPS, and Cisco IOS Content Filtering – Identity management: Intelligently protecting endpoints using authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA), and public key infrastructure Voice – High-density packet voice DSP module, optimized for voice and video support – Standards-certified Voice XML browser services – Cisco Unified Border Element capabilities – Cisco Unity Express voicemail support – Support for Cisco Communications Manager Express and Survivable Remote Site Telephony,
- Cisco Aironet Series Access Points provide single-band 802.11g wireless connectivity for challenging RF environments such as factories, warehouses, and large retail establishments. Connectorized antennas, a rugged metal enclosure, and a broad operating temperature range offer extended range and coverage versatility. The Cisco Aironet Series provides local as well as inline power, including support for IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE),
- PMP 430 Wireless Broadband Access Network – Connect with high performance in the 5 GHz band. The PMP 430 with OFDM technology delivers 40+ Mbps throughput, ranges up to 30 miles (48 km) and near-line of sight (nLOS) performance for reliable and secure data, voice and video connectivity. With low one-way latency of less than 3.5 msec the PMP 430 is ideal for sensitive voice and video services. SMs can be upgraded from 4 Mbps throughput to 40 Mbps via a software key system to meet customers’ growing need for bandwidth,
- Cisco Unified Communications is a comprehensive IP communications system of voice, video, data, and mobility products and applications. It enables more effective, more secure, and more personal communications that directly affect both sales and profitability. It brings people together by enabling a new way of communicating in which your business moves with you, security is everywhere, and information is always available whenever and wherever it is needed. Cisco Unified Communications is part of an integrated solution that includes network infrastructure, security, mobility, network management products, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, end-user and partner financing packages, and third-party communications applications.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate),
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional),
- network security (preparation for the CCSP certification),
- IP telephony (preparing for the CCVP certification),
- Wireless technologies (CWNE certification preparation).
- Human behavior in the traffic in LAN networks,
- Comparison of traffic self-similarity in different computer networks,
- The study of traffic anomalies in LAN,
- The method of GMPLS network reliability evaluation,
- Service availability analysis of GMPLS network.
The IBAF financial laboratory project is patterned on the best such centers worldwide which have created professional transaction rooms at universities to provide both financial education in unique conditions and the ability to carry out the most advanced academic research.
- 24 workstations equipped with dual LCD monitors,
- Data wall displaying various types of financial information,
- 52-inch television with access to digital business content channels,
- Interactive ‘smart’ wall board.
- Transaction platforms for trading in financial instruments, provided by TMS Brokers,
- Data from financial markets, provided by Notoria and TMS Brokers,
- Programs for organizing and analyzing personal finance and investments.
- The laboratory is equipped to support research in financial analysis, financial management, risk measurement, behavioral finance and other financial fields.